Last Date Modified: 12/02/2016
A. Zipplin reserves the right to unilaterally modify, amend, change or supplement these Zipplin Terms and Conditions, including, but not limited to, the rates, services, features of service, and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
B. The following pages contain the Zipplin Terms and Conditions applicable to the transportation of any package, document, envelope, skid, container or other item by Zipplin.
C. Rates and service quotations provided by us are based upon information provided by the Customer. Final rates and services may vary based upon the shipment actually tendered and the application of these Terms and Conditions. Rates quoted may vary until the shipment is actually tendered to Zipplin.
D. This Agreement and its rights and obligations shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, United States of America. Should any disputes arise between the parties concerning the validity, effects, rights, breaches, and/or performance of this Agreement which cannot be reconciled, the parties hereto agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement must be filed exclusively in Miami-Dade County, Florida and each of the parties hereto consent and agree that jurisdiction and venue are proper in Miami-Dade County, Florida and specifically waive any objections based on forum no conveniens.
Service in General:
This Agreement is entered into by and between Zipplin, (herein referred to as “Zipplin”, “we”, or “us”) and You (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”, “Sender” or “you”). The Zipplin service provides shipping services between the United States and various countries, which includes the US domestic transportation, screening, consolidation in Miami, Florida, USA, forwarding, air shipment and the local delivery to the address as identified for the shipment or in the “My Account” as the consignee address or any other address assigned by the Customer, and depending on the service selected, all actions required for customs clearance. The Customer will inform Zipplin in writing (electronic communication is acceptable) the exact address where the shipment has to be delivered.
1. Account Number: means the exclusive number given to each Customer at the end of the registration process.
2. Way-Bill: means any shipping document, manifest, label, stamp, electronic entry or similar item used to tender shipments to Zipplin for transportation.
3. Business Day: means Monday through Friday, excluding government holidays in the United States of America.
4. Chargeable Weight: means the greater of the actual or dimensional weight. For all rating purposes, “length” is the longest side of any package or object.
5. Customer (sender): means the person whose name is listed on the Way bill as the sender.
6. Good Credit Standing: means the following: (1) that payment on the Zipplin account is current; (2) the account is not in “cash-only” status; and (3) for commercial or business accounts, the balance does not exceed the credit limit established by Zipplin.
7. Overcharge: means a charge based on an incorrect rate; an incorrect special handling fee; billing a service other than the service selected for the package; billing based on incorrect package or shipment weight; billing to the wrong Account Number; or any other billing discrepancy, unrelated to a service failure, that results in an incorrect excess charge.
8. Package: means any single parcel or piece. Any fraction of a pound takes the next-higher rate.
9. Proof of Delivery: means electronically captured delivery information, which may include date, time, location and signature of recipient information.
10. Recipient: means the person whose name is listed on the Way bill as the recipient.
11. Shipment: means one or more pieces, either packages or freight, moving on a single Way bill.
12. Transportation Charges: means amounts assessed for movement of a shipment and does not include any other fees or charges that may be assessed under these Zipplin Terms and Conditions, such as, but not limited to, declared-value charges, special handling fees, customs duties and taxes, and surcharges.
13. Valid: as it relates to Account Numbers means a Zipplin Account Number that has been issued by Zipplin and that is in good credit standing.
A. Account Numbers are issued by Zipplin and are nontransferable. Account Numbers are issued and used solely at the discretion of Zipplin. Zipplin may discontinue the use of account, in whole or in part, and may terminate all or any particular accounts and Account Numbers at any time, for any reason, at its sole discretion. Improper, illegal or any other misuse of your Zipplin account may result in loss of discounts, termination of the account and any other recourse that Zipplin deems necessary and appropriate, at its sole discretion. Improper, illegal or other misuse includes, but is not limited to, ordering supplies for any purpose other than shipping with Zipplin, unauthorized consolidation of shipments owned by different parties or other violations of these Terms and Conditions. If your account has been compromised or stolen, you must inform Zipplin immediately and the account may be closed and you may be issued a new account. However, you will be responsible for all charges not contested in writing within fifteen (15) days of the posting of such charge(s) on the closed account. Any supplies, materials, rights or privileges that you acquire by holding a Zipplin Account Number may not be used for any purpose or by any unauthorized person other than for shipping with Zipplin, and Zipplin may seek damages against you for any improper, illegal or other misuse of your account. If your account is terminated, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to deny your application for new or additional Zipplin Account Numbers at any time in the future.
B. Zipplin does not offer consumer credit privileges. Any individual shipping for personal use must prepay the shipment charges. Stored-value cards or gift cards cannot be used to open an account; however, such cards may be used for payment when tendering a package at staffed Zipplin shipping locations and in conjunction with our credit card or other electronic payment acceptance policy.
C. The party to whom a Zipplin Account Number is issued is liable for all charges to the account, including those resulting from unauthorized use. The account holder is responsible for the safekeeping of the Account Number. The Account Number should be released only to those authorized to ship on the account.
D. If the Account Number is not valid, the shipment will be placed on hold until the problem is resolved by the Customer. Zipplin will try to find the correct valid account but the Customer will be responsible for any delay, fee or charge associated with the invalid Account Number. If a package is held or delivery is otherwise delayed because the account is not in good credit standing, you will not be entitled to a refund or credit of your transportation charges under the Service Failure Money-Back Guarantee Policy. Zipplin reserves the right to hold and/or delay any shipment tendered from a Customer whose Zipplin account is not in good standing.
E. You must use your Zipplin Account Number to obtain any discount applicable to your account. Use of your Zipplin Account Number constitutes your agreement that all packages shipped by Zipplin will be subject to these Terms and Conditions, as modified, amended or supplemented from time to time, with or without notice.
Billing and Payment
A. The Customer hereby authorizes Zipplin to charge his/her credit/debit card or other electronic payment for the following expenses incurred in the performance of the services:
- Freight expenses for shipment of documents, magazine, catalogs or merchandise according to the rates established by Zipplin
- Depending on the service selected, import taxes and other taxes
- Expenses with local shipment to destination
- Insurance costs
- Zipplin will charge the Customer the expenses for domestic US transportation, international freight, customs rights, handling and shipment, as well as possiblecommission costs if applicable, at the moment the service is requested on the Way bill. Zipplin shall not be responsible for any delays caused by expired, denied or void credit card/electronic payment information provided.
B. Zipplin reserves the right to verify the method of payment of any shipment and to refuse any shipment for which the method of payment cannot be verified. For the safety of our Customers, Zipplin may request additional information to verify the identity of the Customer. Such additional information may include:
- Copy of your ID Card or Passport
- Copy of the last credit card statement
- Copy of both sides of credit card
C. Zipplin reserves the right to bill the Customer additional amounts, and the Customer hereby consents to the billing of such additional amounts, for all packages that are overweight or require special handling.
D. Electronically captured data will be used for billing purposes.
E. Invoice Adjustments/Overcharges:
- Zipplin reserves the right to audit Way bills and shipments made via any means, including, but not limited to, an electronic shipping device to verify service selection and shipment weight. If the service selected or weight entered is incorrect, the Customer hereby authorizes Zipplin to make appropriate adjustments to the shipment charges.
- Senders are solely responsible for the entry of accurate shipment information in the online quote form. If the Customer fails to provide or accurately enter this information, the Customer will be billed for any additional charges based on an estimate of the number of packages transported and either the dimensional weight at the time of billing or a standard default weight-per-package estimate, both of which will be determined by Zipplin in its sole discretion.
*Zipplin will not refund any overcharge or remit any other payments to Customer if the Customer’s account is not in good credit standing.
*Zipplin reserves the right, and the Customer hereby consents, to Zipplin applying any Overcharge reimbursements to satisfy any amounts due and owing from Customer to Zipplin that have been outstanding for more than sixty (60) days.
F. If a federal value-added, consumption or similar tax is applicable to your shipment, Zipplin and Customer hereby agree that any such amounts shall be added to the shipping charge without further notice.
G. The Customer and any other party who is liable for payment are responsible for all reasonable costs incurred by Zipplin in obtaining, or attempting to obtain, payment for services rendered. Such costs include, but are not limited to, attorneys’ fees, collection agency fees, interest on past due amounts at the rate of eighteen percent (18%) per annum, court costs and any other costs or fees incurred by Zipplin.
H. Zipplin may transfer and/or assign ownership of any and all rights to collect amouts due and payable to Zipplin.
A. All claims for damage, delay (including spoilage claims) or shortage, must be made in writing to Zipplin within ten (10) Business days following the delivery of the shipment. All other claims, including, but not limited to, claims for non-delivery must be made in writing to Zipplin within four (4) months after the package was tendered to Zipplin for shipment.
B. Zipplin hereby disclaims any and all liability for claims that are not submitted with the time limits proscribed herein and Customer agrees to hold harmless Zipplin from any and all liability if Customer fails to submit its claims within the time limits proscribed herein.
C. Customer’s notice of claim must include complete Customer and recipient information, as well as the Zipplin tracking number, date of shipment, number of pieces, and shipment weight. Failure to provide notice of claim in the manner and within the time limits set forth in paragraphs (A) through (B) above, will result in denial of your claim and Zipplin will have no liability or obligation to pay your claim.
D. For all claims for non-delivery, written documentation supporting the amount of each Customer claim must be submitted to Zipplin within four (4) months after the package was tendered to Zipplin for shipment. Such documentation may include original purchase invoices, expense statements, appraisals, final confirmation screen if online order with proof of payment, or other records. All such documents remain subject to verification by Zipplin in its sole discretion.
E. Zipplin will not act on any notice of claim until all transportation charges have been paid in full. Customer is not permitted to deduct the amount of any claim from any outstanding balance it owes to Zipplin.
F. In order to verify any notice of claim for damage, Zipplin may request to inspect a damaged shipment at the recipient’s premises or request that the damaged package be returned for inspection at a Zipplin facility. Any notice of claim that cannot be inspected for verification will automatically be denied. The Terms and Conditions applicable to the original shipment (including any declared value) will govern the disposition of all claims in connection with the shipment, including any claim relative to the retrieval, inspection or return of the package. When a package is picked up for inspection, a receipt for the damaged package will be provided if requested by the Customer. All of the original shipping cartons, packing and contents must be made available for inspection and retained until the claim is concluded.
G. Except in the case of concealed damage, receipt of the shipment by the recipient without written notice of damage on the Delivery Document is prima facie evidence that the shipment was delivered in good condition.
H. Only one claim can be filed in connection with each shipment. Customer’s acceptance of payment for any claim shall be in full and complete satisfaction of the claim and Customer specifically agrees to hold Zipplin free and harmless from any and all liability associated with the shipment for which Zipplin paid a claim.
I. Upon payment of the full value of a claim, Zipplin, in its sole discretion, may retrieve the package for salvage, and Customer agrees that all right, title and interest in the package shall be transferred to Zipplin if requested.
J. All notices of claim must be emailed to email@example.com.
K. Failure to comply with any of the above conditions will result in the denial of your claim.
A. All shipments that cross international borders must be cleared through customs and may also require clearance from other regulatory agencies in the destination country prior to delivery to the recipient.
B. Depending on the service selected:
- Premium: The payments of duties and taxes are included in this type of service and will be effected by Zipplin
- Economy: When subject to duties and taxes, it is for the consignee’s responsibility to pay. Clearance is not included in this service. For more information on duties and taxes, contact the customs authority of the destination country.
- Express: When subject to duties and taxes, it is for the consignee’s responsibility to pay. Clearance is not included in this service. The recipient may need a broker for clearance. For more information on duties and taxes, contact the customs authority of the destination country.
- International Luggage: When subject to duties and taxes, it is for the consignee’s responsibility to pay. For more information on duties and taxes, contact the customs authority of the destination country.
- International Moving: When subject to duties and taxes, it is for the consignee’s responsibility to pay. For more information on duties and taxes, contact the customs authority of the destination country.
- USA Ground: This is a domestic service and does not cross international borders.
- USA Luggage: This is a domestic service and does not cross international borders.
- USA Moving: This is a domestic service and does not cross international borders.
C. When shipments are held by customs or other agencies due to incorrect or missing documentation, Zipplin may attempt first to notify the recipient. If local law requires the correct information or documentation to be submitted by the recipient and the recipient fails to do so within a reasonable time as we may determine, the shipment may be considered undeliverable. If the recipient fails to supply the required information or documentation, and local law allows the sender to provide the same, we may attempt to notify the sender. If the sender also fails to provide the information or documentation within a reasonable time as we may determine, the shipment will be considered undeliverable. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, Zipplin assumes no responsibility for its inability to complete a delivery due to incorrect or missing documentation.
D. Shipments requiring additional documentation may be subject to additional transit time. Proper completion of necessary documentation, with complete and accurate shipment information, including the appropriate Harmonized Tariff Code, is the sole responsibility of the Customer.
E. Shipments that contain goods or products that are regulated by multiple government agencies within the destination country (such as the Department of Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration, the Fish and Wildlife Service and comparable agencies in the destination country) may be subject to additional time for clearance.
F. The sender is responsible for making sure goods shipped internationally are acceptable for entry into the destination country. All charges for shipment to and from countries where entry is not permitted are to be done by the Customer (Sender or Receiver).
G. Zipplin assumes no responsibility for shipments abandoned in customs or shipments that may be considered undeliverable.
A. Zipplin does not provide individual consumer credit privileges.
B. For individual Customers (non-business entities) Zipplin requires prepayment of services which means that payment in full is required upon service request and prior to Zipplin’s acceptance of the package for shipment.
C. As a condition of extending credit privileges, Zipplin reserves the right to require business Customers to provide current financial information, agree to bank draft arrangements for payment on account, provide a security deposit or provide a bank letter of credit, all within the sole discretion of Zipplin.
D. When credit privileges are extended, Zipplin reserves the right to establish and enforce a credit limit on your account. Zipplin reserves the right to review, amend or revoke a credit limit on your account at any time with or without cause.
E. The invoice date begins the credit term cycle, and payment is due within fifteen (15) days from the invoice date. Failure to keep your Zipplin account current may result in our account being placed on a cash-only status or such other remedial actions as Zipplin may request. Cash-only status may impair your ability to use the services of Zipplin, delay your shipments and may result in the loss of any applicable discounts.
F. If the Account Number to be billed is not in good credit standing, the package may be held or stopped in transit until alternative payment arrangements are made. The Money-Back Guarantee Policy does not apply to any accounts that are not in good credit standing.
G. The Customer, and any other party who is liable for payment, is responsible for all reasonable costs incurred by Zipplin in obtaining or attempting to obtain payment for services rendered. Such costs include, but are not limited to, attorneys’ fees, collection agency fees, interest at the rate of eighteen percent (18%) per annum on all past due amounts and court costs.
H. Credit privileges will not be restored until Customer has paid all past-due balances in full and all costs, fees and expenses incurred by Zipplin in collecting or attempting to collect such balances. Zipplin reserves the right to require establishment of electronic funds transfer as a prerequisite to credit restoration. Zipplin, in its sole discretion, may decline to restore credit privileges even if all costs, fees and expenses are paid.
I. Zipplin may apply any payment it receives from Customer to satisfy outstanding debts on the account.
J. Requests for refunds of payment must be received within thirty (3) days of the date of payment.
Declared Value and Limits of Liability
A. The declared value of any package represents the maximum liability in connection with a shipment of that package, including, but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay, non-delivery, misinformation, any failure to provide information or non-delivery of information relating to the shipment. It is the Customer’s sole responsibility to prove actual damages. Unless the Customer selects the insurance option transferring risk of loss to Zipplin, Customer shall bear any and all risk of any loss of the declared value.
B. The maximum declared value, including the products, freight and transportation charges, per package depends on the service selected.
- Economy: US$500.00
- Premium: Varies depending on the destination country. Exact maximum value is informed during quoting.
- Express: US$15,000.00 unless otherwise specified by Zipplin at time of quoting or shipping.
- International Luggage: US$15,000.00 unless otherwise specified by Zipplin at time of quoting or shipping.
- International Moving: US$15,000.00 unless otherwise specified by Zipplin at time of quoting or shipping.
- USA Ground: US$15,000.00 unless otherwise specified by Zipplin at time of quoting or shipping.
- USA Luggage: US$15,000.00 unless otherwise specified by Zipplin at time of quoting or shipping.
- USA Moving: US$15,000.00 unless otherwise specified by Zipplin at time of quoting or shipping.
C. The maximum declared value for the contents that is packaged in an envelope is US$500.00.
D. Any effort to declare a value in excess of the maximum value for each type of shipment as defined in Sections (D) and (E) hereof, shall render all insurances null and void.Any effort to declare a value less than the true commercial value for each type of shipment shall render all insurances null and void. Our acceptance by Zipplin for carriage of any shipment bearing a declared value in excess of the allowed maximum value as detailed herein does not constitute a waiver of any provision of the Zipplin Service Guide as to such shipment.
E. Regardless of the declared value of a package, our liability for loss, damage, delay, non-delivery, misinformation, any failure to provide information, or non-delivery of information, will not exceed the repair cost, its depreciated value or its replacement cost, whichever is less.
F. The Customer is responsible for accurately completing the shipping documents, including completion of the declared-value section. Once the Customer tenders the shipment to Zipplin, Zipplin will not honor any requests from Customer to change the declared-value of the shipment.
Your shipment is considered insured if it has been paid. Insurance is calculated based on the (Product Value + Freight / 100) x US$0.75. A minimum of US$7.50 will be charged for Economy or Premium shipments under US$350.00. A minimum of US$15.00 will be charged for Express, International Moving, or International Luggage shipments under US$350.00. Shipments under insured are claimable up until Zipplin has performed the requested service. Any shipments that are not insured are not claimable. Any shipments that are damaged, lost, or stolen outside of Zipplin’s control are not claimable. Below is a quick reference guide, this is not the actual policy.
- Excluded Goods: Artwork, bulk products, cash in transit, cellular telephones, computer chips, cigarettes, and other tobacco products, cotton, defective goods, eggs, flowers, fresh food, furs, gems and stones, jewelry, laptop computers, live animals, plants, plasma televisions, porcelain products, securities and other non-negotiable papers, specie, and watches.
- Restricted Goods: The goods listed below are covered subject to limited conditions.
- New General Merchandise: Covered – All Risk
- Used General Merchandise: Covered – Free of Particular Average
- Automobiles & Motorcycles: Covered – Free of Particular Average (not more than 12 years old)
- Household Goods & Personal Effects: Covered – All Risk (if goods are professionally packed, if not Free of Particular Average)
Dimensional Weight (Volumetric Weight/Chargeable Weight)
Transportation charges may be assessed based on dimensional weight, which is a volumetric standard. Dimensional-weight pricing is applicable on a per-package or per-shipment basis to all shipments packaged by the Customer. Zipplin packaging may also be subject to dimensional-weight pricing. If the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight, charges based on the dimensional weight will be assessed. Customers who fail to apply the dimensional-weight calculation to a package may be assessed dimensional-weight charges from Zipplin. See the Dimensional Weight description in the Fees and Other Shipping Information section of these Terms and Conditions.
Duties and Taxes
A. Depending on the service selected
- The rate charges by Zipplin includes the payment of all taxes and customs rights for the customs clearance of the freight/package at the country of destination, based on the information provided by the Customer. If the information entered by Customer is incorrect or the customs regulations have changed for any other reason that results in increased charges that is not directly cause by Zipplin, Customer shall be responsible for all additional charges imposed upon the shipment. Customer hereby consents to Zipplin charging any such extra amounts to the Customer’s Credit Card or Electronic Payment file.
- In order to complete clearance of certain items through customs, Zipplin may advance certain duties and taxes as assessed by customs officials. All duties and taxes advanced by Zipplin shall be reimbursed by the Customer.
- All duties and taxes will be billed to the sender. If the sender fails to designate a party for payment on the Way bill, duties and taxes will automatically be billed to the recipient where allowed. Regardless of any payment instructions to the contrary, the sender is ultimately responsible for payment of duties and taxes. If transportation charges for a shipment are billed to a credit card or other electronic payment, Zipplin reserves the right to settle all uncollected duties and taxes associated with the Customer’s shipment to the credit card or electronic payment account on file.
- Export Control Laws specifically warrants that it will not tender any shipments to Zipplin if it is listed on the Denied Persons List maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Customer further warrants that it will not attempt to ship to persons or entities listed as Specially Designated Nationals or Blocked Persons by the U.S. Treasury Department. Zipplin will not carry shipments that violate any U.S. export laws. Zipplin assumes no liability to Customer or any other person for any loss or expense, including, but not limited to, fines and penalties, if Customer fails to comply with any export laws, rules or regulations.
Zipplin reserves the right to impose fuel and other surcharges on shipments without further notice to the Customer. The duration and amount of any surcharge will be determined by Zipplin at its sole discretion. By tendering shipment to Zipplin, the Customer hereby agrees to pay all surcharges imposed by Zipplin.
Inspection of Shipments
Zipplin may open and inspect any shipment without notice to Customer at its sole discretion.
Customer’s Obligations Concerning Transportation
A. The Customer is responsible for compliance with all laws, statutes and treaties governing the packages it tenders to Zipplin for shipment. The Customer hereby agrees not to participate in the shipment, receipt and air transportation of illegal or restricted substances or material such as drugs, money in cash, dangerous goods (explosives, inflammables, chemicals, firearms, living animals, perishables, plants and seeds, pornographic material, jewelry, etc.), or any other article which is forbidden by local law or customs authorities in the country of destination. The Customer bears all responsibility for compliance with the local law and customs of all shipments at the point of origin, point of delivery and all intermediate points in between. Zipplin shall not be responsible for merchandise loss due to customs seizure or other appropriation caused by Customer’s breach of this section.
B. The Customer is responsible for any and all violations of law, statute or treaty resulting from its use of the Zipplin service. Zipplin reserves the right to reject or refuse any object or merchandise which might potentially produce any kind of loss, damage or penalty to Zipplin. Customer acknowledges that some kinds of merchandise may require an export license and Customer shall be responsible for providing and submitting to Zipplin all required documents necessary for such export licensing. If Customer fails to provide any documents necessary for Zipplin to obtain an export license, Zipplin will use its best efforts to contact the Customer within five (5) days of the date that it discovers additional information is needed from the Customer. If additional information requested from Customer is not received within forty (40) days, Zipplin will use reasonable efforts to return the shipment to the sender or otherwise dispose of the shipment.
C. In addition, the Customer hereby authorizes Zipplin to inspect, open and repack every shipment it tenders to Zipplin for delivery.
D. Customer is prohibited from tendering the following items for shipment:
- Cash and currency
- Live plants or animals
- Dangerous Goods, including:
- Hazardous Materials
- Packages with excessive odors
- Packages that are wet or leaking
*List of prohibited items are subject to modification depending if required*
*Zipplin is not liable for delay of, loss of or damage to a shipment of any prohibited item. The Customer agrees to indemnify Zipplin for any and all costs, fees and expenses Zipplin incurs as a result of the Customer’s violation of any local, state or federal laws or regulations or from tendering any prohibited item for shipment.
E. If a dangerous goods shipment damages or contaminates any property, the Customer is solely responsible for and will reimburse and indemnify Zipplin for any and all costs, fees, and expenses it incurs in connection with the damage or contamination.
F. Zipplin is required by law to report improperly declared or undeclared shipments of dangerous goods to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). The Customer may be subject to fines and penalties under applicable law.
Liabilities Not Assumed
A. The liability of Zipplin is limited to the declared value of a shipment.
B. Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that under no circumstances will Zipplin, its agents, contractors, employees and affiliates, be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, loss of profits or income.
C. Zipplin will not be liable for, nor will any adjustment, refund or credit of any kind be given as a result of, any loss, damage, delay, non-delivery, misinformation or any failure to provide information, except such as may directly result from the gross negligence of Zipplin. Zipplin will not be liable for, nor will any adjustment, refund or credit of any kind be given as a result of, any loss, damage, delay, non-delivery, misinformation or failure to provide information cause by or resulting in whole or in part from:
- The act, default or omission of any person or entity, other than Zipplin, including those of any local, state or federal government agencies.
- The nature of the shipment, including any defect, characteristic or inherent vice of the shipment.
- Customer’s violation of any of the Terms and Conditions contained in these Zipplin Terms and Conditions, as amended or supplemented, from time to time, with or without notice.
- Customer’s failure to document or provide proper and sufficient packing, securing, marking and addressing of shipments, or use of an Account Number not in good credit standing or failure to give notices in the manner and time prescribed.
- Perils of the air, public enemies, criminal acts of any person(s) or entities, including, but not limited to, acts of terrorism, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, authority of law, local disputes, civil commotion, hazards incident to a state of war, local or national weather conditions, national or local disruptions in air or ground transportation networks (as determined by Zipplin), strikes or anticipated strikes (of any entity, including other carriers, vendors, or suppliers), labor disruptions or shortages caused by pandemic conditions or other public health event or circumstances, natural disasters (such as earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc…), conditions that present a danger to our personnel, and disruption or failure of communication and information systems.
- Compliance by Zipplin with verbal or written delivery instructions from the sender, recipient or persons claiming to represent the Customer or recipient.
- Damage or loss of articles packages and sealed by the sender or by person(s) acting on the sender’s behalf, provided the seal is unbroken at the time of delivery, the package retains its basic integrity and the recipient accepts the shipment without noting the damage on the delivery record.
- Erasure of data from or the loss and corruption of data stored on magnetic tapes, files or other storage media, or erasure or damage to photographic images or soundtracks from exposed film.
- The loss of any personal or financial information including, but not limited to, social security numbers, dates of birth, driver’s license numbers, credit card numbers and financial information.
- Any failure of Zipplin to retain a copy of the delivery record or a copy of the signature obtained at delivery.
- Any failure of Zipplin to honor package-orientation graphics (e.g., “up” arrows, “this end up” markings), “fragile” labels or other special directions concerning packages.
- Customer’s failure to ship goods in packaging approved by Zipplin prior to shipment where such prior approval is recommended or required.
- The shipment of fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, neon signs, X-ray tubes, laser tubes, light bulbs, quartz crystal, quartz lamps, glass tubes such as those used for specimens, and glass containers such as those used in laboratory test environments.
- The shipment of scale models (including, but not limited to, architectural models and dollhouses) and prototypes.
- Customer’s use of an incomplete, inaccurate or invalid Zipplin Account Number or failure to provide a valid Zipplin Account Number in good credit standing in the billing instructions on shipping documentation.
- Any failure of Zipplin to notify Customer of any delay, loss or damage in connection with a shipment or any inaccuracy in such notice.
- Damage to briefcases, luggage, garment bags, aluminum cases, plastic cases or other items when not enclosed in outer packaging, or other general shipping containers.
- The shipment of perishables.
- The Customer’s failure to provide accurate delivery address information.
- Shipments of any live plants or plant materials.
- Damage to computers, or any components thereof, of any electronic equipment when shipped in any packaging other than:
- The manufacturer’s original packaging, which is undamaged and in cargo worthy condition
- FedEx or Forward Air laptop packaging, for shipments or laptop computers
D. Nothing contained in this Agreement nor the performance of any services outlined herein, shall constitute or imply an agency relationship between Zipplin as the Customer’s agent or Customer as Zipplin’s agent, for any purpose.
Limitations on Legal Actions
A. All claims by Customer against Zipplin will be deemed satisfied or waived if Customer does not initiate such claim within four (4) months of the date of delivery of the shipment or from the date on which the shipment should have been delivered.
B. Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that timely and complete compliance with the claims notice provisions of these Terms and Conditions are a contractual condition precedent for any relief to Customer whatsoever. Customer hereby waives any and all liability against Zipplin if Customer fails to strictly adhere to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
A. Any failure by Zipplin to enforce or apply a term, condition or other provision of these Zipplin Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that term, condition or provision and does not otherwise impair our right to enforce such term, condition or provision at any time.
B. The Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Zipplin harmless, in case of any claim, loss, fine, tax or complaint for damages, initiated against Zipplin by any third-party as a result of any shipment to or from the Customer.
Oversize and Overweight Packages
A. The maximum limits for packages tendered to Zipplin are 8,500 lbs. and 90 inches high, 120 inches long, and 85 inches wide.
B. Packages that exceed the maximum limits may be refused.
C. Each service, provided by Zipplin, has its own maximum dimensions and the weight per package.
D. If a package weighing more than 8,500 lbs. is incorrectly accepted by a Zipplin agent, we reserve the right to cancel the shipment and return the package to the Customer at the Customer’s sole cost and expense.
Packaging and Marking
A. Customer must comply with all applicable local, state and federal law, including those governing packing, marking and labeling for all shipments.
B. All packages must be prepared and packed by the Customer for safe transportation with ordinary care in handling in an express transportation environment. Any articles susceptible to damage as a result of conditions that may be encountered in transportation, such as changes in temperature or atmospheric pressure, must be adequately protected by the Customer with proper packaging. Each shipment must be legibly and durably marked with the name, address and ZIP code of both the Customer/Sender and the Recipient. Packages cannot be wrapped in craft paper.
C. Customer must use Zipplin packaging or new corrugated boxes in good, rigid condition large enough to allow cushioning of contents on the top, bottom and sides. Items that cannot be packed into cartons (such as auto tail pipes, mufflers, tires and rims) must have all sharp edges and protrusions wrapped and the address label must be secured using the tie-on tag or the tire/crate label or it may be by wrapping pressure-sensitive tape completely around the object. Briefcases, luggage, garment bags, aluminum cases, plastic cases, computer cartons or similar types of items whose outer finish might be damaged by adhesive labels, soiling, marking or other types of surface damage that is normal with ordinary care in handling must be placed in a protective container for shipment. Casters, wheels and rollers must be removed or packaged.
D. Expanded polystyrene foam coolers must be shipped inside a sturdy outer container.
E. If a shipment is refused by the recipient, leaks or is damaged, the shipment will be returned to the sender if possible. If the sender refuses to accept the returned shipment or it cannot be returned because of leakage, or damage due to faulty packaging, the Customer is responsible for and will reimburse Zipplin for all costs and fees of any type connected with the legal disposal of the shipment and all costs and fees of any type connected with cleanup of any spill or leakage.
F. Zipplin does not accept the use of wet ice (frozen water) as a refrigerant.
Permit and Authorization
The Customer grants permission and authorization for Zipplin to perform the necessary procedures, such as filling out postal or customs forms with the purpose to forward the documents and/or merchandise to the final address as expressed by the Customer. Additionally, the Customer agrees to complete or sign any document which becomes necessary for Zipplin to complete the shipment. The Customer hereby agrees to hold harmless Zipplin from any and all claims and liabilities arising from the services provided hereunder except in such cases of gross negligence or fraudulent misconduct caused by Zipplin.
Customer is responsible for complying with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations, ordinances and rules governing the shipment of pharmaceuticals. Packages containing pharmaceuticals must be free of any and all external markings indicating the contents of the package.
Pickup and Delivery
A. Zipplin will provide a “door-to-door” package delivery including receiving, screening and forwarding of the package to the Recipient in the country of destination as provided by the Customer. All customs charges and any other expenses incurred in the import of the package shall be for the account of the Customer and will be charged by Zipplin to his/her credit card (or other electronic payment), as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
B. Customer is responsible for providing Zipplin with an invoice for all new merchandise tendered to Zipplin. If Customer fails to deliver an invoice for the new merchandise at the time of tender to Zipplin, Zipplin will use reasonable efforts to contact the Customer for the invoice. If Zipplin is unable to contact the Customer or the Customer fails to provide an invoice for the new merchandise within forty eight (48) hours of such request from Zipplin, Zipplin, in its sole discretion, may return the shipment to Customer or generate a pro forma invoice using information provided by Customer. The Customer will indemnify Zipplin for any losses or damages it might incur as a result of Customer’s failure to tender an invoice for the new merchandise or for use of the pro forma invoice generated by Zipplin, if applicable.
C. Zipplin does not offer a restricted-delivery service and reserves the right and the Customer hereby consents to, Zipplin’s delivery of the shipment to the address provided by Customer but to a person not specifically named as the recipient on the Way bill.
D. If a first delivery attempt of a shipment to a non-residential address is unsuccessful, Zipplin will make two additional attempts on the following two consecutive business days. If the package cannot be delivered after the third attempt, Zipplin may contact the sender or recipient to verify the address. If Zipplin cannot verify the address, Zipplin may deem the package as undeliverable and return it to the sender at the cost of the Customer. The Customer hereby agrees to reimburse Zipplin for all charges it incurs for packages it deems undeliverable.
E. Shipments to hotels, hospitals, government offices or installations, university campuses, or other facilities that utilize a mailroom or other central receiving area will be delivered to the central receiving area.
F. Any person scheduling a pickup must provide a Zipplin Account Number in good credit standing.
G. Zipplin may refuse to pick up or deliver a shipment, or use alternative pickup or delivery arrangements to maintain the safety of its employees, agents or contractors in which Zipplin believes that its services may be used in violation of local, state or federal laws.
H. Additional charges may apply for late-hours, weekend or holiday pickup and delivery.
I. Pickup and delivery may not be available in all areas.
J. In order to facilitate delivery or release of a shipment, Zipplin may, at its sole discretion, contact the recipient to obtain delivery instructions, or to notify them that a delivery is scheduled, that a delivery has been completed or that a shipment is available for pickup at a Zipplin designated facility.
Proof of Delivery
A. Zipplin will use reasonable efforts to provide proof-of-delivery information for packages delivered when requested by the sender, recipient or third-party within four (4) months of the shipping date. Zipplin assumes no liability for our inability to provide a record of the proof of delivery or provide documentation of the proof of delivery.
B. When possible, Zipplin may provide an image of the signature proof of delivery online at www.Zipplin.com/MyAccount under the specific shipment.
Rates and service quotations provided by the Zipplin Quote are only estimates and actual charges may vary based upon the characteristics of the shipment actually tendered and any additional charges and fees incurred by Zipplin incidental to the shipment. The Zipplin Terms and Conditions, as revised or amended from time to time, will govern the services provided by Zipplin regardless of any written or verbal statements made by Zipplin employees or their agents.
Refusal or Rejection of Shipments
Zipplin reserves the right to refuse, hold or return any shipment that:
- May cause damage or delay to other shipments, property or personnel
- Is likely to sustain damage or loss in transit because of improper packaging or otherwise
- Contains any prohibited items
- The account of the person or entity responsible for payment is not in good credit standing
- When acceptance of the shipment may jeopardize our ability to provide service to other Customers
- Customer acknowledges and agrees, and hereby specifically waives any and all claims for liability against Zipplin, its employees and agents, arising from Zipplin’s refusal, hold or return of a shipment to Customer
Routing and Rerouting
When requested by Customer and if commercially reasonable in the sole discretion of Zipplin, Zipplin may accept a request to reroute a shipment subject to the following conditions:
- A special handling charge will be billed to the Account Number specified on the Zipplin Way bill for each rerouted package and it will appear as an address correction on the invoice. This charge will not be applied when a package is changed to Hold at a Zipplin facility located in the same city as the delivery address described on the Way bill.
- To reroute a shipment, a Customer must contact Zipplin by written email.
- Zipplin may not honor a reroute request from the recipient other than a Hold at a Zipplin designated location within the original destination city.
- Only one reroute request will be allowed per package.
- Zipplin may require photo identification of the person authorized to pick up the package.
- Any requested change to an address that is not a reroute or an address correction will be deemed a new shipment and new shipping charges will apply.
- Zipplin will determine the routing of all shipments, including the mode of transportation used, and may use air transportation, ground transportation or any combination thereof in providing such services. Zipplin reserves the right to divert any shipment (including use of other carriers) in order to facilitate delivery.
A shipment will be deemed undeliverable if it cannot be delivered for any of the following reasons:
- The recipient of a Hold at Zipplin designated location shipment cannot be located
- The recipient refuses to accept the shipment
- The recipient’s delivery address cannot be located or verified
- The shipment’s contents or packaging are damaged to the point that rewrapping is not possible
- The shipment would likely cause damage or delay to other shipments or property or injury to personnel
- The shipment contains prohibited items
- The recipient’s place of business is closed
- No appropriate person was available to accept the shipment at a delivery location on the initial delivery attempt or reattempts
- The shipment was improperly packaged
- Any other reason beyond the control of Zipplin
*When practicable, Zipplin will use reasonable efforts to contact the sender for instructions on returning or otherwise disposing of an undeliverable shipment. If the shipment is returned to the sender, all return charges will be billed to the sender. Zipplin may, in its sole discretion, dispose of all the undeliverable packages and invoice Customer for any and all fees incurred by Zipplin arising from its disposal of an undeliverable shipment.
A. This Agreement shall remain valid for an initial term of one (1) year from the date of registration and thereafter will automatically renew on the yearly anniversary of the registration until such time as one party provides the other party with thirty (30) day advance written notice of its intent to terminate this Agreement.
B. All service cancellation notices must be in writing and submitted by means of email to Zipplin.
C. This Agreement can be terminated by any party at any time for any reason whatsoever, by providing the non-terminating party with thirty (30) day advance written notice of the terminating party’s intent to terminate.
Zipplin makes no warranties, express or implied and hereby specifically revokes any and all actual, perceived, express or implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.